Knee Pain Doctor
Knee Pain Specialist
Everyone experiences knee pain at some time in their lives, from overuse to an exciting sports game, or just a busy day. But when knee pain stops you from enjoying your day, it’s time to take a look at the causes, symptoms you shouldn’t ignore, and when to see a knee pain specialist.
At Anodyne Pain and Health Group, we want you to get your back on your feet and live the life you love, free of knee pain that can drastically impact your mobility and quality of life. Not all knee pain is serious, but without knowing the underlying causes, some injuries or degenerative conditions may become worse, degrading the joint and causing more damage over time.
Knee Pain Causes:
Knee pain can be caused by regular daily activities, age, and other factors. Common causes of knee pain are:
- Injury: Injury to the knee and surrounding tendons is a common cause of knee pain, from sports accidents to injuries such as torn ligaments, bone fractures, and dislocations from falls, collisions, and sudden twisting or bending of the knee. The most commonly seen are an ACL tear or a torn meniscus.
- Arthritis: Inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis are common causes of knee pain.
- Age: As we age, the natural degeneration of ligaments, tendons, and cartilage causes inflammation and degradation of our joints.
- Overuse: People with physically demanding careers and lifestyles experience knee pain due to the repetitive use of the joint, which can cause inflammation.
- Gout: Gout is a condition where uric acid crystals build up in the joints, leading to pain and discomfort.
Before your knee pain specialist can help you find an effective treatment for your knee pain, they need to understand the root causes.
Knee Pain Symptoms:
From a deep ache to a sharp pain, knee pain comes in different forms such as
Inability to straighten or fully bend the knee
Grinding and clicking
Inability to bear weight on the leg
Pain in the joint
Seek medical attention if you experience sudden, unexplained swelling of the lower leg or thigh, accompanied by a deep ache in the leg or skin changes as this could be a more serious unrelated condition.
Treatment for Knee Pain
Treating knee pain is reliant on finding the underlying cause of the pain. knee pain injury treatment at Anodyne Pain and Health Group includes:
Rehab Physical Therapy
Knee Pain Specialist Near You
Knee pain can be frustrating and sometimes debilitating. At Anodyne Pain and Health Group, our experienced team is ready to help you find answers and solutions for your knee pain, tailored to your lifestyle, to help prevent reinjury and improve your quality of life. With a patient-centric plan, we’ll help you on the road to relief and recovery. Knee pain doesn’t need to control your day, reach out and find an Anodyne Pain and Health Group near you.